Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Calling all science teachers!

Much has happened since my last post: I finished my PhD and moved to the Colorado School of Mines in glorious Golden, CO! The main thrust of the new lab is algal biofuels, with a focus on 'putting genes in, taking genes out, and seeing what happens'. In other words, I work with genetic engineers. As for me, I'm still playing with non-GMO organisms and trying to understand how growing mixtures of algae and bacteria affect algal growth. More on that in a later post.

But first, I wanted to spread the word about an online professional development course available to K-12 teachers and informal educators being offered through NEON's Citizen Science Academy (http://budburst.org/academy). If you or someone you know is looking for fun and interactive ways to engage students in the natural world, check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment